If you are getting married, you have to take into account many things. And even if you keep in mind every single detail, it does not mean that everything will go in the way it should. Emergencies happen, and there is no way to avoid it. But there is one thing that you can do that will decrease the amount of damage that you might have to experience because of the situations you could not predict.
But how can you choose the best wedding insurance plan? Which companies can you trust? There are many things that you should think about when choosing wedding insurance, and it can be a very confusing task. This article is going to help you make the right choice when it comes to wedding insurance. Here, you can find all the best companies that offer wedding insurance as well as some tips on how to choose one. Read more to plan the best wedding day ever!
Our Top 10 Wedding Insurance Companies
There are many great wedding insurance reviews that it can be hard to choose the right service. Companies like WedSafe, Markel, as well as many others, are rated as one of the tops, but are they actually worth the attention? Here is our list of the best wedding insurance companies to help you choose the right one:
- Wedsure. Even though this company was founded not awhile ago, it is now known to be one of the best wedding insurance companies. It covers many situations, even if someone from the couple decides to change their mind.
- EventHelper. This company is ready to cover most of the things that might go wrong, include theft and damage. Their customer service is always great, and most customers are satisfied with their service. There is one drawback though: this wedding insurance company might not cover expenses for too expensive weddings.
- eWed Insurance. Here, you can get wedding liability insurance even one day before the wedding, which is not something that companies often offer. Most of the coverages are available in any part of the USA, but if your wedding is taking place somewhere else, there might be some limitations.
- WedSafe. With WedSafe, you can order your insurance online and get protection from all kinds of situations. WedSafe offers really good rates, especially when compared to other companies. You will get a free quote instantly if you just leave a message on the WedSafe’s website.
- Eventsured. The ratings of this company online are one of the highest, and most customers who choose their services don’t regret that choice. Their wedding insurance policies have no deductibles, which is another great thing about that company.
- Markel. Their wedding insurance can be purchased 14 or more days before the wedding day. It will protect you from the cost of the damage caused by weather or drunken guests, and for a higher price, you can get some really nice options.
- AllState. This company offers not only a nice wedding insurance plan, but also allows you to purchase it together with other plans for your home or vehicle. You will get liability protection and some extra options for an additional cost, so you will not have to worry about anything anymore.
- Travelers. If you want to have a beautiful wedding in another country, you don’t have to look for another company: Travelers has got your back. They are the real professionals when it comes to all kinds of trips overseas. Your wedding will definitely be astounding.
- Wedding Protector Plan. This service will cover all kinds of events and expenses. They will help you in case of a natural disaster that ruined your wedding day or will provide you with coverage if services were not satisfying or were canceled (such as photography, lost deposits, catering, etc.).
- USAA. If you are a servicemember, veteran, or a member of their family, you can use the services of this company. They have got special coverage for all types of events, including wedding insurance. Their rates are very low, so you will not have to pay a lot for the insurance plan.
How We Chose The Best Companies For You
We used a few main criteria to find the right company for you. Here is how we have chosen the best wedding insurance companies:
- Read reviews of the wedding insurance companies. From WedSafe to AllState, we check every company to see how good their quality is. Before reading each review about all of the companies we described, first, we made sure that they are written by the actual customers who have some experience with the chosen service.
- Compared to the prices. We checked all the prices that best wedding insurance companies have put on their websites to determine which services are the most affordable.
- Analyzed all of the popular offers on the market. We checked out all the deals that the best wedding insurance companies have got to offer to make sure that you will get the best wedding insurance plan.
Do You Need Wedding Insurance?
A wedding day is something that can make you feel very emotional in a positive way. And you definitely don’t want it to be ruined. Even if you spend all of your money and effort on making sure that everything will go smoothly, it does not mean that it will be this way.
It does not matter how hard you try; there is always a chance of something going wrong. It will not be necessarily your fault: you or your partner might get sick, there might be extremely bad weather on the day of your wedding, or there will an unusual situation in your country or in the world that will lead to the changes of your plans. This is why purchasing wedding insurance is the thought you should definitely consider.
Wedding insurance will definitely not cost as much as the damaged venue, lost rings, or wasted deposits. And what if you will have to cancel your wedding due to events that you cannot control? All of these issues will be taken care of if you decide to get wedding insurance.
How Does Wedding Insurance Work?
First of all, you have to choose the type of coverage that your insurance company will provide you with. Discuss all the details with the company’s representative and don’t hesitate to ask all the questions you have.
Now everything is in the hands of the company. You don’t have to do anything else. If something happens, you will have to contact the service and file a claim stating what’s happened and when. If the damage or the situation is covered by your company, you can expect to receive a refund soon.
Types Of Wedding Insurance Plans
Companies like WedSafe offer all kinds of plans for couples who are getting married. Here are the three main wedding insurance policies that you can choose from:
- Liability insurance. This type of insurance will cover all the expenses for the damage caused to the venue during the event. In some cases, it can also cover the medical cost of the surgeries or doctor visits even someone was injured at the wedding. Another thing that it might cover is the damage that drunk guests might have caused.
- Cancellations coverage. If the event is canceled because of the weather conditions, natural catastrophes, as well as illnesses, you will get refunded if you choose this type of wedding insurance.
- Optional coverage. Extra coverage might include military deployment, honeymoon, gifts theft, the help of the professional counselor. All of these options are additional, and they don’t always come together with the insurance plan, so you will have to get them for an extra price if you want to add it to your plan.
How Much Does A Wedding Insurance Cost?
The most basic insurance plan will cover the loss and damage of gifts, photos, videos, rings, as well as other items and will reimburse you in case of the cancellations due to weather conditions or illness will cost from $100 up to $500. Liability insurance might cover up to $1,000,000 for accidents and losses, and its cost might start at $180. The price for the best wedding insurance plan depends on how much coverage you would like to get, so first, you should decide on that.
Tips On How To Buy The Right Insurance For Your Wedding
There are a few key considerations that you should have in mind when considering buying wedding insurance. Here are some tips that will help you pick the right plan:
- Check out your home insurance policies. Your home insurance company might actually have a policy that includes your wedding. Contact your company to find out if it is true.
- Compare to different providers. There are many wedding insurance companies that will help you with your insurance. Use special online tools that let you sort out the companies with the help of filters and select those services that seem like the best choice for you and compare their offers.
- Understand your budget. Before choosing a particular insurance plan, you should have a clear understanding of how much money you are ready to spend on it. You don’t want to run out of money even before the wedding.
- Remember that your venue might require insurance. If you decide to refuse from the idea of getting wedding insurance, it does not mean that you can actually do that. Some venues request wedding insurance, and you might not get to organize a wedding there if you don’t buy insurance.
Pros And Cons Of Wedding Insurance
Wedding insurance is something that everyone should get, even though they might not always need it. Still, wedding insurance has some positive and negative aspects that you should remember. Let’s take a look at them.
Pros Of Wedding Insurance
- You will be covered in case of cancellation or illness. No matter how badly you want to get married, you can’t avoid emergencies and some unpleasant situations. Wedding insurance will cover expenses if you have to cancel the wedding or change the date.
- There will be covered if something is damaged or stolen. What if because of poor weather conditions something breaks? You cannot always be sure that everything will be fine and all the things you rented for the wedding will be in good condition.
- You will get covered even if the supplier lets you down. It is not something that has high chances of happening, but it still might. If you trust the professionals to deliver all the goods to your wedding, they might end up being a fraud or will just go bankrupt.
Cons Of Wedding Insurance
- Not all the expenses will be reimbursed. Even if you get most of your costs back, probably, not everything will be refunded, and there is nothing you can do about it.
- It is an extra expense. Wedding insurance cost is not actually low. You will have to spend more money on the organization of your wedding, and you might not even end up using it.
- You will never be reimbursed. There is also a chance that you will never get a refund just because the situation you are stuck in is not something the company covers.
Choose The Right Company To Get Your Wedding Insurance From
So how can you choose the right wedding insurance? Can you trust such popular companies as WedSafe or EventHelper? It can be a hard question to answer. Services like WedSafe were checked by thousands of customers who have stated the assistance they received was pretty satisfying, but there are many other great companies as well that you have seen on our list.
But it is up to you to decide which company will provide you with the best wedding insurance that will guarantee the protection of the day you and your partner have dreamed about. It might be a hard choice to make, but it is best to spend some time researching the best wedding insurance options than not to do that.